Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sharing the Love!


Had so much fun making the flatback treat boxes last month that I decided to make even more! But this time around I made them a little larger to hold more candy. The finished size on these are: 5.25"H x 4.5"W x 1"D, and the box on the bottom holds eight Dove chocolate hearts.
 
Finally had the chance to work on more cutfiles of my favorite Tokidoki characters. Used MTC to create cutfiles of Cactus Hello Kitty and Polpettina from the Tokidoki Cactus Friends collection to decorate this box. Put together a little over a dozen of these to share with special friends. A little time consuming, but fun!
Then for my techie son-in-law, I used the robot image from Cricut Boys Will Be Boys cartridge to decorate his box, hoping to give it a slightly more masculine touch....
And here's the MTC screenshot you can use as a template to create your own similar box:
Start off with a piece of cardstock 8.75" x 8.5" and trim as indicated above to create the flaps of the box. Instructions for assembly of this box are the same as described on Splitcoast Stampers Resources Page for the Flat Backed Treat Box by Patti Gilliam. Be sure to also watch the short video tutorial by Beate Johns on the bottom of that page.
I used MTC to create my templates but this is simple enough do with just a ruler and pair of scissors. And in answer to those of you who have asked about SCAL, the MTC program has the capability of converting any of my files into svgs, so if you're interested, please email me.
I also made up a few more of the smaller three Dove chocolate heart boxes to share at our Cricut Club meeting last week...
Since it was for the Cricut Club, I needed to use an image cut on my Cricut, right? These adorable koala bears and "Hugs n kisses" sentiment are from the Create A Critter 2 cartridge.
The best part of this smaller sized box is not only that they're quicker to put together but also that you can cut two from a sheet of cardstock. You can find the template for this smaller sized box here.
Now as if putting together all those treat boxes didn't keep me busy enough, here's an idea I spied on Pinterest that I just HAD to try...
...decorated candy kisses! Luckily, these were REALLY quick to do...
For mine, I used a free template I found over at Little Bitty Design Studio, but there are a lot of similar freebie ones by other designers you can find by doing a Google image search for "Hershey Kiss Labels". I simply printed mine out on Avery 8.5" x 11" white shipping labels and used a 3/4" circle punch to cut them out. My bag topper was created in Printshop using digital paper from Sassy Designs and a png. digital image from ScrappyDew.com  BTW, if you're in to digital paper, Sassy Designs is currently having a crazy 99 cents sale on everything in their shop till Sunday (2/17)...
And finally...yes, you guessed it...gotta decorate those treat bags for our doggie friends! I just love that Snoopy is so quick and easy to render into a cutfile and cut!
Happy Valentines Day! Hope you all had a wonderful time sharing the love with your sweeties today!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Gosh, these are incredibly adorable. The cactus kitty is one I've never seen before and I love her. Your work really refreshes my brain creatively. Thank you for being such an awesome crafter!