Monday, January 14, 2013

Fan Swing Card

Here's yet another swing/swivel type card I created using the MTC program. This time I decided to try something a little different and experimented with a fan shape for this birthday card for a very special friend. Getting the fan to be centered on the closed card was a little bit of a challenge but I think I finally got it to where I'm pretty happy with it.
Fan insert was cut using my Cricut and the Pagoda cartridge, sized in Cricut Design Studio to fit my card. Japanese kanji character "kotobuki" for "congratulations" and "long life" was cut on the Silhouette using a cutfile created in MTC.
I used the Sizzix Birds and Branches decorative strip die for the leaves and branches and medium and small Carl Sakura punches for the cherry blossoms. Flower centers were punched from a Punch Bunch mini flower center punch.

 
Here's the card opened to show the inside. Orignally the card looked kind of bare on the inside, so I decided to add my very first "ningyo-gami" or "Japanese paper doll" to liven it up a little. 

She was actually pretty easy and fun to make. I used tutorials I found on Pinterest like this one by Lina Conde and this one by Melanie Gray Augustin. Need to play around and practice a bit more with this, and hopefully, when I get better at it I may want to try a project showcasing these type of paper dolls.
 

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Love it!!

Lynn said...

Oh, oh, my....your card took my breath away. What a wonderful swing card...genius. Thank you for sharing the sites to learn the origami doll. "Goodness gracious great balls of fire".... you are so creative! Thank you for bloging, creating, and posting.

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - I love this fan swing card!!!! It is absoilutely gorgeous!!!! hugs, P

Made by Helen said...

Hi,
This is Helen. I am just learning Origami and card making and wondered if you could show me how to make this fan swing card. My email address is below. Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you. xx

eunice said...

Hello Made By Helen. Please access my email by clicking on my profile on the side bar so that I am able to respond to your request. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Bonjour
J'aimerais si possible d'avoir la grandeur de votre carte que je trouve très belle merci

eunice said...

The dimensions of the base card are 9.5 x 5"