Sunday, May 20, 2012

Making of a Wedding: Tags and a Banner

Just a short post today of a few miscellaneous things created for the wedding...satin hangers with personalized tags for the bridesmaids' kimono robes they wore while having their hair and makeup done... stickers for the snack bags which were passed out to guests at the ceremony...and the "Just Married" banner...
LOL, when dd sent me a photo of a similar banner several months before the wedding and asked if I would make one for her, my first thought was, "Sure, I can make it, but what will you do with it?!" She told me she wanted it to use as a photo prop and then later hang it on their table at the reception. Personally, I don't care much for banners.I know a lot of people make them nowadays, and though I've seen a few really pretty ones, they rather remind me of a circus... Maybe some of the fancier ones would be appropriate for a birthday or some other informal party, but for a wedding? Dd wanted her banner to be very plain, (NO embellishing, mom!). I agreed to do it and secretly hoped she would forget about it.
But as it got closer to the wedding day, dd started asking if I had started making her banner yet. She needed to know because otherwise, she needed to order the one she saw on etsy...for $50. FIFTY DOLLARS?! Are you kidding me? Okay, okay, I'll make it....
The flags were created in Cricut Design Studio, welding shapes from the George cartridge, and cut from Bazzill Bling cardstock. Letters are Times New Roman font, cut with MTC. I used 15 lb. test fishing line to string the flags and tied lengths of white tulle to the ends. Total cost of materials, maybe $10?
So here's a glimpse of the banner on the couple's table at the reception....
And here again at the photo shoot. The newlyweds used this photo on their thank you cards, which I guess was kind of neat. Okay, so I admit I might have been wrong ... maybe banners aren't just for the circus anymore!

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Great tag/banners Eunice...
They look so happy..Congrats!
You really put youe heart/soul on all the projects for their wedding.. What a great mother and new MIL you are....

Cheryl said...

Eunice, you really outdid yourself with all the special touches you made for your daughter's wedding! I'm surprised they really wanted a banner too! Lol!

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - the wedding was soooo persoanlized. A mom's dream to have such a wonderful memory. Lots and lots of work went into this big milestone event!!! It all turned out so great. I can't wait to see the wedding album!!! Great job on everything.
hugs, P

Joy said...

Hi Eunice! What wonderful decorations, favors, etc. you made for your daughter! You are the bomb! What a personalized wedding and I am sure she loved it! Thanks for the support on our side! it will be a truly exciting day for us tomorrow! thanks for sharing those lovely pictures! have a wonderful week :)

Kelly said...

You never cease to amaze me Eunice. EVERYTHING you touched for the wedding has turned into a masterpiece. What a beautiful memory for both you and your daughter.