Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!

Yet another silly card, this one made for dd's fiance's birthday.  Always wanted to do a "Hippo Birdie" card, and with all the cute animal images available on some of the Cricut cartridges, I just couldn't resist.

For this card, I used the hippo and birdie from Create A Critter, lambs from the Easter Seasonal Cartridge, and cake from Simply Charmed. Balloons were cut from the CottageCutz Birthday Pup die.

I used a simple pop up to attach the cake to the inside of the card. The balloons were glued onto a piece of clear acetate on which I drew in the balloon strings with a Sharpie. Acetate piece was then adhered to the back of the cake.
Hippo and lambs were attached on an angled pop-up. The concept of creating an angled pop-up is simple; fold the card in half and cut an angled strip from the fold. On the other hand, getting the desired angle was a bit trickier and took me a few tries on scrap paper before I got it just right.
Hopefully dd's fiance enjoyed this silly birthday greeting... even though he got a year older, I hope he'll always remain a little bit of a kid at heart.

3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my Eunice - love this hippo birdie birthday to ewe card.. Great image and love how those balloons just pop out like that..... so cute......

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

This has got to be one of the cutest cards I've ever seen. Great pop up card!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS CARD!!

PJ (jessie adams)