Sunday, August 21, 2011

Monogram Wedding Card

Here's the second of the four wedding cards I needed to make this summer.  Not entirely pleased with how this one turned out, but it did give me a chance to learn more about creating and cutting monograms using MTC for my projects. Make the Cut has a wonderful feature which allows me to create cutfiles from any true type font I have in my computer font file by simply typing in the word or words I want to cut. Only problem is, my Cricut isn't always cooperative about cutting out skinny intricate fonts, especially when it comes to cardstock...
I figured the solution would be to thicken up the very thin lines of those elegant script type fonts without compromising the appearance of the font. I used my Broderbund PrintShop program to do this by designing the monogram using the headline feature, which allows me to add an outline of desired thickness to the font. ( I believe Microsoft Word has a similar feature using the Word Art Tool). For this particular monogram I used Cotillion truetype font, then saved and imported it to MTC as a .jpg file.
All other cuts on the card are from Cricut cartridges: Wedding Solutions for the doves, Straight From the Nest for the swirls, George for the hearts. Scalloped heart was created in Design Studio by welding circle outlines from Plantin Schoolbook with the outline heart from George.
The invitation we received for this wedding was quite unique, with mirrored images  of  treble clefs with a cross, which (I'm guessing) symbolizes the couple's strong religious faith and love for music. So to keep somewhat with the theme, I embossed the heart inset with Cuttlebug's Allegro folder. Front panel of the card was embossed with Stampin Up's Elegant Lines folder and attached to the front of the card with foam tape.

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Ooh only so pretty Eunice~
Luv the the whole layout and the embossing too!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Eunice.
The embossing behind the monogram is a unique touch.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, such a classy and elegant wedding card. Love the gold trim and embossing.

Kelly said...

This is GORGEOUS Eunice. Very elegant with the gold trim. How can you be anything but pleased how it turned out.

Unknown said...

Lovely cards. Don't you just love your digital cutter and software. I don't know what I would do without mine :)

Thanks for sharing.
Jani
paper compulsions