Monday, July 4, 2011

A Treasured Friendship

To thank my friend Gene for her generous gifts and the wonderful time we spent together, I sent her this window card. Since I know Gene enjoys Asian themed cards, I looked to the Pagoda cartridge for ideas.Wanted to do a cut from the cartridge that I hadn't tried yet, so I chose to do the crane.But after cutting out the pieces, I was a little disappointed with the lack of detail of the cut.
To get the signature black neck and black tipped feathers of the Japanese crane which are missing from the original image, I cut the top white layer using the blackout feature, then did some hand trimming so the black layer would show on the neck and feathers.
I used the frame from the Mulan section on the Happily Ever After Cartridge to cut my window and backed it with white cardstock embossed with one of the folders from the Cuttlebug Asian bundle. Spritzed this with some gold Tsukineko Shimmerz to add some interest.
On the inside of the card I added a matching strip of washi paper backed with gold vellum. My simple card is no match for the beautiful card I received from Gene, but I'm hoping she enjoyed it anyway.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful card Eunice...I'm sure your friend will love it! You always put so much time and detail into your cards and it surely shows...awesome!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh, so beautiful. I love how you accented the card with the cherry blossoms.

Creations by Shirl said...

Luv this card - very elegant...
great job...

Kelly said...

Beautifully done Eunice. You always put so much love and detail into the cards your make, no doubt your friend will treasure this card as much as she does your friendship.

Creations by Patti said...

So cool - love it - YOU always do such great job on Asian cards. AND, Gene will absolutely love it, too. Such a beautiful creation.............girl, you floor me.........awesome.
hugs,
P

Teri said...

This is such a beautiful card Eunice! Love the oriental theme!