Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bloomin' Fun!

Had a chance to play around with another die from my Cottage Cutz collection that has been collecting dust. Gotta be in the mood to do a lot of layering and chalking to work with these! This time around however, instead of using chalks, I decided to try using my copics to add color and shading.
Saw that a lot of the design team members over at the Cottage Cutz blog are doing this and acheiving beautiful results so I wanted to give it try. A few of the ladies use only white cardstock to cut all their pieces then use their copics to color everything in. I tried this with the mouse, since I wanted her to have a lot of white highlights, but used colored cardstock for everything else, using copics to add shading. I made the mistake of choosing Bazzill Bling to do the mouse, as I found the textured surface made it harder for me, a beginner level copic user to blend the colors nicely.   
Blending went a lot easier with the smooth surfaced cardstock I chose for the flowers. For the leaves and stems I went back to chalks, mostly because I didn't have the right green shades in copics. In comparison, I liked the final results with the copics, I just need to get better at using them. Chalks are messier, but easier to blend and a little more forgiving.
Each of the pieces were cut several times so I could do lots of layering for this sliding pop-up birthday card for my sil.Used Nestabilities Labels 2 die for the background and tiny ladybug is from the Just Because Cards cartridge. A time consuming, but fun to create card...LOL, this really ended up being a FAT card!


7 comments:

ShaniKulani said...

love the card! and all its beautful layers and copic coloring. I just got a new batch of copics and cant wait to use them! TFS!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love the bold and colorful card. The layering has such a nice effect too.

Little C's Creations said...

oh gosh, Eunice... u have soooo much patience!!!! love it... i wouldn't be able to do a project like this. u did awesome, girl!! hugs, Jen

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card.
Great coloring with your Copics, Eunice.
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Teri said...

Another fabulous card Eunice. Love the pretty sunflowers and the cute mouse!

Kelly said...

OMG Eunice this card is adorable and that mouse is just too stinkin' cute! What a fabulous job coloring her with your copics and the sunflowers are so real looking.

Joy said...

what a cute card! love the layers and pop ups for the flowers and that cute mouse! sweet idea! hope you have a wonderful weekend!