Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Treats and Goodies

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. Love everything about it, the colors, the flowers, the Easter bunny, baskets of goodies and dyeing eggs. And though all the kids in our family have grown up, I continue to enjoy making Easter goodies to share with friends and family.

Put my Cricut and DS program hard to work this Easter! Saw the cutest Easter basket-bags in the Hallmark aisle at the drugstore several weeks ago, and just had to try my take on it with Design Studio. What I liked most about this basket was that it had gusseted sides so it could be folded flat when empty. I always struggle with angles, so it took me several tries, but this is what I finally came up with. In order for the basket to be large and sturdy enough, I had to use two sheets of 12 x 12 cardstock glued at the side seams. The basket is all George and the bunny is from Doodlecharms. After assembling the basket, I used a Fiskars 1/4" rectangle hand punch to make holes along the scalloped edge to thread the ribbon through.
Filled these with treats, wrapped them in cellophane and mailed them off to dd and her bf.
Look what else I found at the drugstore! Aren't these the cutest?


We don't dye eggs for Easter anymore, but I just had to have these. Decided to use them to decorate candy filled plastic eggs instead. Used some foam tape to keep kitty's face in place, and I created a little box holder with George and Design Studio so the eggs could be easily wrapped. Made up a dozen of these and sent a few to dd share with her friends. Funny girl...when she got her Easter care package, dd called and announced, "Sorry mom, I'm not sharing those eggs...!"




When Sizzix came out with their line of Easter Hello Kitty Sizzlit dies, I had to have them! True, I already own both Cricut Hello Kitty cartridges, but neither of them have any Easter images on them. And as much as I love my Cricut, I find that it just can't compete with Sizzix when it comes to making very small, clean, detailed cuts. I used my new dies to make tags for my goodies.
I think Hello Kitty in her bunny outfit is just the sweetest thing! In fact, I liked this die so much that I knew I had to at least give it a whirl on DS.





I used the Hello Kitty image dressed in her Halloween cat costume from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge and welded on a pair of ovals from George with DS for bunny ears. Then I added another oval with circles for her paw. That really wasn't too hard! Made my bunny large enough(4-1/2" tall) to decorate the front of ten more baskets. Oval and scalloped oval frame were also created with George. Really happy with how these turned out. Filled these with treats and delivered them to friends and family.


Made a bunch of these little hatching chickie boxes and filled them with my favorite Cadbury Mini Eggs to share with friends at work.
The cutfile for these are shared by Jen C on her blog, Brain Things...aren't they the cutest? Thank you, Jen! Thank goodness these were really quick to put together, because I barely had time to do them. I had originally planned to embellish the eggs on these with pretty flowers, the same as Jen had on the sample she posted, but just didn't have enough time.

And lastly, this tag was inspired by none other than our own little doggie. Lol. Doggie is a QK die, added bunny ears and embellished with flowers from All Natural Accents.
And here's the photo of our fur baby with her new toy that inspired it! Bunny ears were a gift from my niece and sil (don't worry, Latte still loves you!) . I think Latte is finally realizing that dressing up in silly outfits and having her picture taken are just part of life when you belong to this crazy family...just ask dd! Lol. Happy Easter!

13 comments:

Teri said...

Eunice! Awesome Easter treats you created!! I really love your doggie too, so cute with those bunny ears!! Thanks for inspiring me today!!

Denise said...

Love all your Easter Creations!

Unknown said...

All of your Easter treats are so cute - treats are ageless.

Joy said...

Oh My Goodness! Eunice...you were so busy making such wonderful projects for EASTER! I love all that you did and those HK you created are darling! you doggie is so cute in that basket! TFS!

Jen said...

Eunice, all of your creations are so very fun and cute! Thanks for sharing your creativity. :)

Unknown said...

So nice projects! Your dog is so cute :)

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

Love all of your Easter sweetness too cute...I love the HK egg kit too...

Jamee said...

i love all the easter things!!!

Kyoko said...

Hi Eunice! WOW, you were one busy chickie!!! Your creations are totally awesome, and your dog is SOOO CUTE!!

Jodi said...

These are terrific Easter treats!!!
So super cute!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Jenny V. said...

Love all your Easter creation. Wow can't believe you made all those. Great job!!!!Hope you had a wonderful Easter. TFS

Jenny

Little C's Creations said...

Sistah, you are awesomely talented!!! Love how you made the Hello Kitty sizzix look alike, I was going to attempt it earlier, but didn't think I had the patience. Can you share your files? If you don't mind...

Great job!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Enjoli said...

OMG Eunice! Super cute Easter treats! I just love Easter! Those Hello Kitty eggs are too cute!! Your doggie is sooo adorable with those bunny ears! =) TFS! Hope you have a great weekend!

Enjoli